how you calculate form ?

Here I will introduce new major features. Please feel free to add your comments and suggestions to improve
tassos07
New

how you calculate form ?

Post by tassos07 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi Mihai
It's probably explained somewhere but, I can't find it. How you calculate the form, home and away, numbers ?

Tassos

tassos07
New

Re: how you calculate form ?

Post by tassos07 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi everybody

After 66 reads I was expecting somebody to answer. I wonder why nobody, even Mihai, explained, at least why it's not proper ( if it is not ) to explain.

anyway

Regards to all
Tassos

Mihai

Post by Mihai » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:38 pm

As you probably noted, I try to answer to any post but sometimes for different reasons I missed it. If you pop-up the post again, probably I will see it or memeber about it (like you did now.)

The reason nobody answered you is that nobody except me knows the answer. :)

The exact formula is private but I can tell you that it is based on the last few games results and on the last few opponents strength. For example a good team at home with 5-6 games won in a row may have a medium form but a weak team with 1-2 draws away at much better teams may have a good form coefficient.

And of course, this was explained on other thread many years ago. Even me I preffered to write again instead of search so I do not blame you :))
www.cgmbet.com

peho
New

Post by peho » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:42 am

Hi Mihai

Can you at least tell how many matches you go back when you calculate form? Do you look at the last 5 matches, the last 10 or some other number? As a user it would be good to know this when deciding how much I should let this measure influence my betting decisions.

Best wishes
Peter

Mihai

Post by Mihai » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:29 am

Hi

Sorry for the late response. It seems that I missed your reply as I had so many problems with new season preparation.

Regarding form calculation, I think I said that the formula is based on last 5 games and on the last 5 opponents ELO coefficients.
This way the form will take into account not olny the results but the strength of the teams. We all agree that is not the same thing when win 1-0 against Liverpoll or agains WBA...etc...

On the other hand, it is just a formula invented by me. If it is good or not I do not know .. but it give me a clue about how good a team played last 5 games. Of course this can not be the only indicator.
www.cgmbet.com