Virtual League!

Here I will introduce new major features. Please feel free to add your comments and suggestions to improve
Mihai

Virtual League!

Post by Mihai » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:42 am

It-s extremely hard without results, numbers, tables, statistics.

So, just to see some random results and standings I created a kind of game.

It is about a virtual league. You can create a 20 teams league then play the season round by round or even minute by minute. The goals are scored based on what happened in similar played real games.

In the SETTINGS menu, you can choose 20 teams then a virtual season is generated when you save the teams.

Finally, select the Virtual League like any other league and play it round by round. It-s possible to choose a team to follow (highlighted with bold font). Just for fun, I add the possibility to "help" your favourite team with ELO points

In the last picture, I simulated the Premier League with Barca, Real, PSG and Bayern. It was very interesting to follow Liverpool until the last round :))

United and City under Wolves? A few years ago what were the odds for Leicester to get the league? :))

I admit this is childish, no need to say it :))

Stay safe!

www.cgmbet.com

Rivilearner
New

Re: Virtual League!

Post by Rivilearner » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:02 pm

I really love the concept, though Is the virtual league based on the past league results and the week match is played and irrespective of who is being played?
Moreover, why is the Elo rating not increasing after each win

cgmbet
Site Admin

Post by cgmbet » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:11 pm

The results are based on past results between teams with similar ELO
The ELO is not calculated - it is fixed. Would be too complicated and this started in the lockdown. I was really out of shape...

Will look into it when will have again too much free time :)

Rivilearner
New

Post by Rivilearner » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:59 pm

cgmbet wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:11 pm
The results are based on past results between teams with similar ELO
The ELO is not calculated - it is fixed. Would be too complicated and this started in the lockdown. I was really out of shape...

Will look into it when will have again too much free time :)
This is my pass time game, hope you have a lot of free time to look into it.
As the games are being played Elo is added which will make it more realistic.
plsss look into this your new baby :D :D :lol:
NB: is it possible for shot, Elo rating and other factors contribute to teams winning game more than matches played the previous season? I couldn't stand my beloved Arsenal being destroyed by weaker teams in the virtual league ;) ;) :P