Dynamic ELO +/- changes.

betmonty
New

Dynamic ELO +/- changes.

Post by betmonty » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi Mihai,

Not a request in the most strict definition of the word, but I still think this is the most appropriate section of the message board.

I wanted to ask you about the ELO ratings in the Live stats section, and their application to the games. As it is now, I can select an ELO difference, and this is blanket applied to all visible games. However, some games are between teams that have an ELO difference of 75, others have a 300 point difference. Yet we can only choose one threshold and only work with that.

I know from previous comments you made that you want to make the program "light" enough so it can run on any machine, so I guess dynamically changing elo rating differences per game is going to be very difficult.
Yet this is one of the few ways we can ensure that our database of previous games is very close to the ELO conditions of the game we are looking at.
Imho it makes little sense to set the ELO difference to 75 and then have Team A with a rating of 2100 play team B with a rating of 1800.

Of course we all want to seize as many good betting opportunities as we can get, but as it is now, it is a good support for maybe a TV game that you are trading live. I could maybe rotate to 3, 4, maybe 5 games, when I am not wathing a game live, changing ELO differences and refreshing every time.

Is this something that you have given some thought at all?

Thank you in advance.

Mihai

Re: Dynamic ELO +/- changes.

Post by Mihai » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:30 am

I see your point.
Will think about that to see if it is possible
www.cgmbet.com