Betfair Market Names

If you have a suggestion how to improve please let me know. If more users will ask for the feature I will have no choice but to implement it.
bamthwok
New

Betfair Market Names

Post by bamthwok » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Hi Mihai,

Would it be possible to include Betfair Market Names to the export data.

This way it would be possible to automate some strategies by using third party software.

That would be cool....

Cheers!

Mihai

Re: Betfair Market Names

Post by Mihai » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:37 pm

I admit I'm not very familiar with it :)
Please give me few details to understand better maybe is something that can help us.
www.cgmbet.com

bamthwok
New

Post by bamthwok » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:07 am

Hi Mihai,

The problem is that cgmbet club names are different than in Betfair.

Betfair does offer free API (with delayed data) for testing purposes:

https://betfairdevelopersupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009638032-When-should-I-use-the-Delayed-or-Live-Application-Key-

With that API, I believe it's possible to look up all soccer markets and each match has its own ID or market name.

Maybe it's possible to create some sort of look up table that can find the correct Betfair market based on cgmbet (Pinnacle) market name.

For example: today there is a match in Austria "Erste Liga". In cgmbet it's named "Austria Wien vs. Horn" whereas in Betfair it's named "Austria Vienna II vs. SV Horn". Or another example from Bulgarian Premier League. Cgm: "Plovdiv vs. Etar 1924" and Betfair market is "Botev Plovdiv vs. Etar".

My target is to select games from the Upcoming section and then run them through an automated betting algorithm at a third party software that places bets in Betfair. In order to do so I would need to know the correct Betfair market names or team ID's.

Just an idea....

Cheers,
bamthwok

Mihai

Post by Mihai » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:27 am

I think I understood and I think it is possible.

The only problem is time... but if you would like to help, can be done faster a system that allows to translate names to Betfair names....(and ID-is)
I would send you an EXCEL file with all my teams from this season, all leagues in CGMBet then if you manage ina way or another to complete on the next column Betfair names or ID-s
I think I can do a pocedure to replace the names (just who wants to do that) then export.

I am not sure this will satisfy your needs but the task is not so easy ate requires a lot of working hours.
www.cgmbet.com

bamthwok
New

Post by bamthwok » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi Mihai,

Ok, lets try it! Maybe let's start with some of the bigger leagues.

Cheers,

Mihai

Post by Mihai » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:30 pm

send me a message to my address cgmbet@gmail.com then I will send an EXCEL file with the teams names
www.cgmbet.com

bamthwok
New

Post by bamthwok » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:50 pm

I've sent you an email...