Poisson exported to EXCEL file

Here I will introduce new major features. Please feel free to add your comments and suggestions to improve
Mihai

Poisson exported to EXCEL file

Post by Mihai » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:26 am

I received a suggestion and because I think this will help a lot of users I implemented it.

What it is about

As you know there is a free Poisson calculator where just have to set the expected goals for home/away team.
The Poisson calculator is embeded into main program also. If you select in UPCOMING "goals scored" for both teams, see picture no 1, the Poisson button will be activated and allows you to see the Poisson calculator for the selected game, like in the picture no.2

I just added the possibility to export into EXCEL file the Poisson probabilities for all games in the UPCOMING table. For example, in the picture 2, after you select "goals scored" for home/away teams, then set whatever you want for season, last 10 games....home, away...etc if you click on "Poisson export" button will be asked to export all the Poisson values to an EXCEL file, where you may play with it.

Will be exported probabilities, for each game, for home and away: home, draw, away, scored 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 goals, over/under 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5 GG, NG, ODD, EVEN and AH 0,1/4,1/2,3/4,1,11/4,11/2,13/4,2 and of course correct score.

I am open to discussions in order to improve this feature.

www.cgmbet.com

dimdan
New

Re: Poisson exported to EXCEL file

Post by dimdan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:40 pm

Mihai,please when you have time read this and consider add it to cgm since everything we need is already into the program https://www.pinnacle.com/en/betting-articles/Soccer/how-to-calculate-poisson-distribution/MD62MLXUMKMXZ6A8

Cheers
Dimitris

_FlashGordon_
Experienced

Post by _FlashGordon_ » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:19 pm

I second Dimitris 100%. Poisson usable only after implementing these rules.
--
_FlashGordon_

Mihai

Post by Mihai » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:02 pm

Ok, may be an interesting debate because I do not agree with you. :)

Poisson distribution has nothing to do with any rating system. Is just Poisson distribution. It has entry values (in this case expected number of goals/game) and will give the probability (according with Poisson) to be scored 0,1,2,3,4...etc goals

The way we find the entry values is somethng else. Probably this is what both of you wanted to point. My program offers a lot of way to introduce values in Poisson formulas. You can select home, home+away, last 1,2,3,4... all games....etc and etc.

Of course there are other milions of possibilities to calculate expected goals. One guy from Pinnacle had an idea... and I like it very much but it is just his interesting opinion. You may find many many other ways presented over the Internet.

I do not think that somebody will prove ever what is the best way to calculate expected goals.

On the other hand of course it is possible to add this on the software and probably will do that finally. :)
www.cgmbet.com

fhazza
New

Post by fhazza » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:07 am

The Poisson export key is not activatedImage

Mihai

Post by Mihai » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:47 pm

The button is activated only if you select "goals scored" for home team and for away team

Then you will click the button to open Poisson with the calculated values.
www.cgmbet.com