How long do you spending preparing your bets?

General discussions about betting, bookies and strategies.
Scherzzo

How long do you spending preparing your bets?

Post by Scherzzo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi All,

I'm just curious how long do people spend preparing/review bets before they place? For me it's usually about 10-15mins per bet. I only bet small and for fun.

Regards

Scherzzo

Mihai

Re: How long do you spending preparing your bets?

Post by Mihai » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:57 am

For a non-professional bettor I think you should not spend more than 1 hour/day for betting in order to keep all at fun level.
On the other hand I think it is almost impossible to make profit unless you are a professional and dedicate almost all your time to betting.
Personally, I am very happy with a small profit or even small loss after a month.

Why? As I said, if betting is entertainment then who will refuse, let-s say a roller coaster road for free? If you get a few money doing that is even better :)

Talking seriously, the biggest problem for beginners is to accept that 10% after each month is an excellent income.
www.cgmbet.com

Young Vanish
Experienced

Post by Young Vanish » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:24 am

Personally I don't spend any time on each bet.
All my time is spent beforehand with the statistics looking for pointers and signals.
If I uncover a particular situation which returns a long term profit, when/if I see the right conditions are in place it is a bet - no two ways about it. And certainly NO thought process at the time.

If I start messing with my head/heart with "Do I go with this bet, and not that bet" it is likely to negate the edge that all my hard ground work has given me.

My mantra is IF THE STATS SAY BET, BET. Ignore "gut feeleings", hunches and "common sense" (common sense is all too often common NONsense)

YV
"Predictions are difficult, especially about the future"

Scherzzo

Post by Scherzzo » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:52 pm

When I say bet I mean looking at stats etc! Thanks for the responses. I guess if you are an amateur bettor you need to put a value on your time versus profit.